So as some of you know, my blog tag line is ‘just a place where I write some things and stuff’ not very creative or exciting, but it’s me.. hahahaha! I’m creative and exciting enough to have a boring tag line! So the other day i told you all about how I did a spot of shopping for myself from Cotton On with my awesome perks voucher i got from buy my lil dude 6 million rompers and hoodies! hahahaha! any-who, so while I browsing through their shop, I thought.. ‘hey I need a new book to write random shit down, do my sketches, and draw schematics for the random things i build’… So I hopped over to the stationary section and low and behold there was this freaking journal with ‘stuff + things’ on the cover! Yup! once again Typo knows me so well! hahahahaha! I am so excited to cozy up on the couch today with a cup of earl grey and write down some stuff for something i am working on. My husband thinks I’m crazy, we’re super tech smart and we have tech all around my house to the point where we could totally go paperless, but I still really enjoy the feeling of a pen in my and and writing on paper. It’s probably the same reason that all my books are paper and my kindle only comes out on special occasions. One day, maybe one day I’ll fully transition! hahahaha!
So today is the Royal Wedding, and all I care about is the dress, and maybe the makeup and hair.. but thats it… I know all has been revealed already, but I was too busy baking scones and drinking tea to watch anything… Guys! I love scones, I never get to eat them because if I want to eat them, I have to bake them, and I generally like baking different new things all the time… but today called for a scone party. If you have been following me, you may have noticed that I am ill like all the time, husband calls me bubble girl, my immune system likes to fail me… and this week has been no different. I’m on a serious cocktail of antibiotics and pain medication at the moment, so taking a break, lying on the couch, eating comfort food and drinking tea is definitely my winning ‘feel better’ combo! Luckily Core has been super snuggly lately, so when he wakes up from his nap, he walks over to me and snuggles on the couch with a book and some toys and then I’m in heaven!
So, my friend Mikayla from @mix_takes_pics and i were chatting about scones, and then she shared her grannies recipe and I decided to use it as my starting point! Thanks friend! It was super easy and pretty quick and I had all the ingredients at home… yay!
- 1.5 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup barley flour
- 2tsp baking soda
- 2tsp cream of tartar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbs agave crystals
- 3/4 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- flax egg mix (2 tbs ground flax seed and 5 tbs water, mix together and let sit for 5 minutes before using)
- Preheat oven to 200 C
- Mix all the wet ingredients together in a shaker
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and make a lil well, pour the wet into the dry and gently stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
- do not over stir, do not knead, just combine everything.
- form little round disks and place on a greased baking tray or baking sheet(thats what I used
- I brushed them with some soy milk, to make them golden, but it doesn’t really make them golden, atleast not in my oven. but I do it anyway, out of habit hahaha!
- Bake for 15is minutes.
- enjoy with whipped coconut cream, grated vegan cheddar and yummy fruity jam!
These came out so great, I wish I made double the recipe! But I guess I’ll probably get a tummy ache. If you decide to try these out, let me know what you think?! I hope you all have a rocking weekend! xxx