Hello my lovelies…
So today I bring to you two lovely crafts you can do with your kiddies this weekend in preparation for Valentines day on Wednesday. This is our first Valentines day with Corey, and i am pretty stoked. Any excuse to craft with my little guy right?
Ok so Core is a bit young to get super involved. But I still really wanted to do something with him. I am a die hard home made card kinda girl. Husband has received a home made birthday card from me for every birthday since the dawn of time. (well our time at least)
And our second craft are heart shaped chocolates, with a little twist. Slightly healthier than the box of choccies you’d buy for valentines day, and something fun to make with your kiddies.
Craft #1: Valentines Day Card
- For this creation you need the following:
- 20cm x 40cm piece of Kraft board (well any cardboard)
- 2 x googly eyes
- 1 x A4 red glitter board for hearts and love bug wings
- 1 x Red footprint
- 1x A4 white cardboard
- print out of wings template and ‘Love Bug’ banner
- Glue, scissors, ruler, pens
- Print out or trace the template for the wings and banner, and cut out wings from glitter board as well as three different sized hearts
- Trace out the ‘Love Bug’ banner on white cardboard and cut it out
- Fold the Kraft board in half to make a card that is 20cm x 20cm
- Assemble the card as follows:
- Glue banner down at the top of the card
- Glue the wings down in the middle of the card
- Glue googly eyes to the heel of the footprint
- Glue foot to the middle of the wings
- Draw on feelers to the top of the foot print
- Sprinkle on hearts and glue them where they fall
- Tada! done! don’t forget to include the date when writing in the card so you can remember when you little kiddies foot was this small!
- Watch in awe as mom/dad/granny etc opens their handmade card on Valentines day
Guys, I am so stoked with how this little card came out, and I think hubby is going to be stoked too! Just a side note, when making foot prints for a bub that cannot walk yet, enlisting a second set of hands, might make the job a bit easier. we had many failed attempts, before we got the perfect print! x
Craft #2: Heart Shaped Chocolates
- 180g Vegan Chocolate (I used a 70% dark chocolate)
- 20g Peanut butter
- 70g Dried Cranberries
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups puffed rice
- Melt the chocolate, Peanut butter and vanilla extract in a double boiler, this will ensure the chocolate doesn’t burn.
- Once completly melted give a nice stir and fold in the cranberries and puffed rice
- Now you have two options, you can just scoop blobs onto wax paper or you can use a heart shaped cookie cutter to make hearts.
- Place in the fridge to set and tada… you’re done.
Making these, I was a little bit nervous, dark chocolate is not usualy something that children are into, but with the addition of the PB it makes it a bit milder and using a 70% dark chocolate really tones down the bitterness that you usually find in dark chocolate. And the cranberries make an awesome and healthier alternative to maraschino cherries.
So there you have it, two super cute Valentines crafts that are kid friendly and mom approved. and super super easy and crazy cute!
Have the best weekend wonderful people!